Facilities & Equipment
- McLean Performance Studio (Studio F) (black box studio, 90 seats)
- The Grant Strate Studio (Studio B)
- The Walter and Robert Carsen Studio (Studio A)
- Three additional rehearsal studios (Studios E, G, H)
- Two additional choreography studios (Studios C, D)
- Conditioning room (with resistance weights, Pilates/Gyrotonics/cardio equipment)
- Athlete's Care (a physiotherapy, massage and sports medicine clinic)
- Recording facilities (for audio and video)
Studios and the conditioning room are available for booking by Department of Dance Faculty, Graduate Dance students, and Undergraduate Dance Majors who have paid their department activity fee for the current academic year. The Department of Dance shares use of the large theatres and seated studios in the Accolade East Building with other Faculty of Fine Arts departments, York University groups and approved external clients.
PROCEDURES & POLICIES FOR STUDIO BOOKINGS & STUDENT USE
Audio/visual equipment and computers are available for booking by Undergraduate Dance Majors and Graduate Dance students who have paid their department activity fee for the current academic year—usage agreements are reviewed and signed upon first booking. Equipment is available outside of class times (weekday afternoons and evenings as well as weekends) for usage in support of curricular needs of Undergraduate Dance Majors, Graduate Dance students and faculty.
Equipment must be booked in person at the Dance Office from Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. No phone calls or email requests, please.