YouTube: Faculty of Fine Arts facilities tour
The Department of Dance is located in the Accolade East Building on Keele Campus. Opened in 2006, the building houses a wide range of specialized facilities for performance, including:
- The Sandra Faire and Ivan Fecan Theatre (proscenium theatre, 360 seats)
The Sandra Faire and Ivan Fecun Theatre can accommodate a variety of events such as dance, theatre, musicals, conferences and lectures. The theatre offers a generous stage, sidestage, wings and backstage space, an orchestra pit, fly system and traps, loading dock, dressing rooms, and a comprehensive array of technical equipment.
- McLean Performance Studio (black box studio, 90 seats)
The McLean Performance Studio is dedicated to dance performance. It features a dance lighting plot, sound system and moveable black draperies.
- Joseph G. Green Studio Theatre (black box studio, 150 seats)
The Joseph G. Green Studio Theatre, located in the Centre for Film and Theatre, is a multi-purpose space ideal for small-scale events, productions and rehearsals. Seating configuration is adjustable to suit the layout of individual productions. The theatre has a fixed lighting grid and comprehensive selection of technical equipment, and access to dressing rooms.
- The Grant Strate Studio
- The Walter and Robert Carsen Studio
- Three additional rehearsal studios
- Two additional choreography studios
In addition to performance space, the building is also home to production and healthcare facilities, including:
- Conditioning room (with resistance weights, Pilates/Gyrotonics/cardio equipment)
- Athlete's Care (a physiotherapy, massage and sports medicine clinic)
- Recording facilities (for audio and video)